Bruce Weber sued for sexual harassment
Renowned men's fashion photographer Bruce Weber, who counts Vogue, Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren among his client, has been sued in New York by male model Jason Boyce for sexual harassment. The lawsuit was filed Friday of last week in the New York State Supreme Court.
According to the complaint, at a photoshoot in New York in 2014, Weber directed Boyce to undress, touch his own - and Weber's - genitals, and put his fingers in the photographer's mouth. At the time, Weber was 68 and Boyce was 28. Weber allegedly also forced Boyce to kiss him before the shoot was over.
The complaint says that Weber told Boyce, "If you just had confidence, you’d go really far." Weber appealed to Boyce's aspirations asking him, "How far do you want to make it? How ambitious are you?"
Boyce left New York and moved to California after that experience. In his lawsuit, Boyce alleges the incident essentially ended his modeling career because of the emotional trauma and humiliation. He alleges he lost economic opportunities that stemmed from his withdrawal from the industry.
The complaint states Boyce "felt intense dread at the thought of a modeling career in an industry where Mr. Weber was considered by many to be a top photographer and primary champion of male models."
Another male model, Daryl Janney, called Weber 'the Godfather of men's fashion' in his recent book exposing his own rise to fame. Weber routinely shot for Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and Abercrombie & Fitch, and has been instrumental in building those brands' menswear aesthetics.
Weber is the second fashion photographer to come under fire for sexual harassment in the wake of the sexual assault events surrounding Harvey Weinstein. Terry Richardson was recently banned from working with Condé Nast International after allegations of decades-long sexual assault on models.
Weber has not yet responded to the lawsuit.
Copyright © 2023 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.