Pucci returns to Florence
A little over a year after taking over as Pucci's creative director, Camille Miceli is about to orchestrate her very first fashion show for the Italian house. It will be held on May 4 in Florence, where the label was founded in 1947 by Marquis Emilio Pucci. This is an important step for the label, which is in the midst of a relaunch.
For her first two seasons, the designer opted for presentations organised in the context of special experiences and destinations, such as the mythical island of Capri, a meeting place for the jet-set in the 1960s, in April 2022, and the posh ski resort of Saint-Moritz, in Switzerland, last December.
A change of strategy on the part of the house, which, without revealing any details, simply announces in a brief note that "Camille Miceli is taking Pucci's energy to the next level with an unexpected show."
The new collection, entitled "Initials E.P.", pays tribute to Emilio Pucci "by exploring the house's roots in a fresh style." As in the previous two seasons, this collection will be available for immediate sale in a "see now, buy now" format on the day it is presented to the press and public, starting May 4.
LVMH, which has owned 67% of the historic fashion house since 2000, took full control in June 2021, buying out the remaining 33% of shares held by the family and Laudomia Pucci, the founder's daughter. Its headquarters and operations have been transferred to Milan in recent years.
Copyright © 2023 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.