×
59 578
Fashion Jobs
ESTEE LAUDER
Manager, Brand Operations Bobbi Brown
Permanent · New York
ESTEE LAUDER
Director, Global Communications, Citizenship & Sustainability - Estee Lauder
Permanent · New York
ESTEE LAUDER
Director, Global Martech Social Media Product Manager
Permanent · New York
ESTEE LAUDER
Director, Strategic Marketing Initiatives & Community
Permanent · New York
DESIGNER BRANDS (DSW, CAMUTO GROUP)
Associate Business Intelligence Analyst
Permanent · Columbus
DESIGNER BRANDS (DSW, CAMUTO GROUP)
Asset Protection Agent Full-Time
Permanent · New York
GAP INC.
Director of Enterprise Sales - Gps Apparel (Uniform And Workwear) - Remote
Permanent · San Francisco
GAP INC.
(Not Posted) Asset Protection Coordinator - Miami
Permanent · Miami
GAP INC.
Asset Protection Coordinator - Connecticut North
Permanent · West Hartford
GAP INC.
Asset Protection Coordinator - Connecticut South
Permanent · West Hartford
GAP INC.
Director of Enterprise Sales - Gps Apparel (Uniform And Workwear) - Remote
Permanent · Atlanta
GAP INC.
Director of Enterprise Sales - Gps Apparel (Uniform And Workwear) - Remote
Permanent · New York
NORDSTROM
Manager - Asset Protection - Roosevelt Field
Permanent · Garden City
NORDSTROM
General Manager- Marketplace Cafe- The Mall at Short Hills
Permanent · Millburn
NORDSTROM
Area Manager Warehouse - Logistics (Saturday-Monday 6am-6:30pm) Gainesville, fl
Permanent · Gainesville
PUMA
Junior Manager, Marketing - Ecomm (CRM/Sms)
Permanent · Somerville
MACY'S
Corporate Strategy And Business Development Senior Lead
Permanent · New York
MACY'S
sr. Manager, Strategy
Permanent · New York
MACY'S
Manager, Merchandise Execution
Permanent · Nashville
MACY'S
Manager, Operations Sun-Wed 7:00 am-5:30 pm
Permanent · Joppatowne
MACY'S
Multi-Store Lead Detective, Tacoma - Full Time
Permanent · Tacoma
MACY'S
Multi-Store Detective, Tacoma - Full Time
Permanent · Tacoma
Published
Dec 2, 2017
Reading time
2 minutes
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

MAC x Bumble and Bumble concept opens in Dallas

Published
Dec 2, 2017

Estée Lauder Companies. Inc. sister brands MAC Cosmetics and Bumble and Bumble have teamed up in Dallas to create their first co-branded makeup and hair studio that will compete with Ulta's cosmetics and in-store salon model.


The MAC x Bumble and Bumble concept is hoping to capitalize on the popularity of express service salons - Facebook: NorthPark Center


Half of the new 2,200-square-foot MAC x Bumble and Bumble concept store will function as an express salon featuring blowouts and makeup applications. The other half of the store will sell cosmetics at retail.

Gustavo Andriani, MAC's SVP and GM for North America, said the goal of the space is to help the customer create a complete look. The brands will be fully integrated from a retail and service standpoint.

Four hair stations and two shampoo seats will sit across from five MAC makeup stations. The space's design features a lot of glass, customizable lighting and a selfie wall. The goal is to focus on consumer experience and to encourage customer-generated content that gets shared on social media.

Andriani said the two brands have worked in tandem behind the scenes at fashion week before, but they have tried to keep their individuality by never officially co-branding until now. He called MAC an artist brand that sells makeup and said the new concept shop is "a very current way of talking about our heritage.”

According to Bumble and Bumble's global GM, Zach Rieken, the service menu distinguishes this new concept from competitors, namely Ulta. Rieken named teen-focused applications, makeup parties, and tattoo cover ups as some of the concept's unique services.

The store is projected to drive 25 percent of business through services while the remaining 75 percent of business will come from retail sales. This could be the growth MAC needs to press its $2 billion business ahead.

Express service salons are a prevalent model in the beauty industry. Drybar's popularity has exploded, allowing the brand to establish itself in almost 90 locations, and express single-process root-touch-up salon Madison Reed is in the process of applying recently obtained funding to open up to 25 new locations in the next year and a half.

Andriani called the Dallas store a test and said there are no additional plans to roll out more stores following the concept model at this time. It follows MAC's shop-in-shop studio in Nordstrom, Westfield Century City.

The new MAC x Bumble and Bumble Makeup and Hair Studio is now open at Dallas' NorthPark Center between Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom.

Copyright © 2022 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.