Paul Smith names Simon Homes new creative director
In a surprise move, British designer Paul Smith has appointed a creative director for the business that he founded. Simon Homes, the company's current head of men's design who has worked closely with Smith, will be taking on the role, according to Women's Wear Daily.
Homes will now have creative responsibility for all ready-to-wear, footwear and accessories collections. He will also oversee Paul Smith's brand image in fashion shows, showrooms, shop design, the Web site, advertising, visual merchandising and display.
According to Smith, the change is about re-energizing the company and assured WWD that he has no plans to retire. Smith still holds a 60% stake in his company, with Japanese licensee Itochu owning the remaining 40%.
"I’m not going anywhere. Simon’s appointment is about a new energy within the company, really. That’s the idea. We’re good mates, we get on. It’s an acknowledgement from me to say thank you for his hard work and good energy," Smith said. He also stated: "Basically, Simon’s appointment allows me to do lots of fun things — as well as my day job."
Earlier in March, Homes told WWD sister publication M Collections about reorganizing the design studio and working more closely with young designers: "What you’re seeing is a new re-energized Paul Smith. It’s great. It’s really exciting," he said.
Copyright © 2023 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.